Can't Sleep? Try This Simple Trick & Sleep in Seconds

 You know those nights when you are laying in your bed and just want to doze off to sleep, because you know your body needs that off time to be able to spring back to functioning mode the next day. On the contrary, however, your mind just refuses to give in and you simply cannot sleep. It might be due to stress, you could be over thinking about something or your excitement levels regarding an upcoming event could be soaring high.

 I know I have those nights and I didn’t know what to do about that up until some time back. What happens with me usually is that I keep busy in something when I should rather be going to sleep and when I finally land in my bed wanting to sleep I’m unable to do so. Some other nights I lay awake thinking about

This changed however, after I learned a simple breathing trick from one of my favorite TV shows - ‘The Mentalist’. It is a Crime show which revolves around the character Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker), a former fake psychic who has an exceptional ability of reading people’s minds. He plays mind games to help the police solve murder cases.  He joins the CBI in hopes of finding Red John, the murderer of his wife and little daughter.


Simon Baker has such a charismatic personality in the show and his smile is just to die for. I mean just take a look at him. Isn’t he gorgeous!! He captivates the prospective criminals in his mind games in such a way that they themselves commit to the crime.




But it’s not just all about him, the story line and other characters are great too. ;) You must watch this show, I’m positive you will like it as much as I did.



Now onto that breathing trick. In one of the episodes, Patrick Jane tells a crime boss that if he has trouble sleeping he should do this to sleep better:

  1. Breathe in and think/say ‘1’ 
  2. Breathe out and think/say ‘2’
Repeat until asleep.

After watching this episode I thought to myself that I can use that in my life too (if it really works). So I gave it a go one night. I was astonished when I woke up the next day when I realized that Patrick Jane was right after all. The exercise worked like a charm. Not only was I asleep under a minute I slept like a baby too.  I do this often now and it never fails to work.

What this breathing exercise does is that it takes the mind off of whatever is keeping it busy and puts the focus on the numbers and the breathing. This not only puts you to sleep quickly but also gives you a good night’s sleep as your breathing becomes better.
Do give this a try and hopefully you will see a difference in your sleep routine.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trick, ill try today and feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the trick, ill try today and feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Yes do share if it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try breating in for one second and then out for two. In for three and out for four. and so on. When you have reached maximum then start again. It works and is an old trick I learnt years ago and still use it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...